We work with everyone to advance human rights in business. We track over 6000 companies, and help the vulnerable eradicate abuse.
- Thailand: Military officers allegedly intimidate Lampang villagers opposing coal mine
- Iraq: New labour law passed allowing freedom of association & prohibiting child labour, discrimination, sexual harassment
- Condom manufacturer, Ansell, faces protests in Australia over its sacking of striking workers in Sri Lanka
- UN Global Compact develops tools for firms to align business strategies with Sustainable Development Goals
- BHP Billiton CEO says move from coal to gas is a “marketing strategy”
Cases & responsesPrevious Next
Sign up for our Weekly Updates
Our free Weekly Updates alert you to the top stories and breaking news about business & human rights by email, highlighting positive initiatives and drawing attention to alleged abuses.
Some of the most critical topics to ensure that companies respect and promote human rights throughout their operations.
Corporate Legal Accountability
Concise profiles of lawsuits against companies accused of human rights abuses & commentaries
Human rights defenders
Cases and action for human rights defenders at risk
What must business do to address the biggest human rights challenge of our time?
How companies can manage their human rights impacts
Global debate on a proposed UN treaty
UN Guiding Principles
Includes implementation tools & examples, information on UN Working Group
Major sporting events
Human rights and business at the World Cup, Olympics and more
Freedom of Association
Right of workers to organise, advancing all labour rights
Chinese firms' impacts abroad
Guidance, cases and company responses
Conflict & Peace
Business’ role in fuelling conflict, and contributing to peace
Fairness & accountability in companies’ use of oil, gas, coal, minerals, land and water
The links between corporate tax practices and human rights